On Sunday December 6, in-person worship will be available at 11:00 with 90 congregants and 10 worship leaders, in accordance with current guidelines from our bishop and cabinet. Plans for in-person worship at 162East are still in progress. We recognize that people who identify as higher-risk may feel more comfortable continuing to worship via livestream and we will continue to offer livestreaming of both 162East and traditional worship.
While it will not be a complete return to ‘normal,’ here is what you can expect on Sunday mornings:
- A face mask that covers your nose and mouth is required, as is physical distancing
- Please sign-up in advance either online or by calling the church office
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the worship service to allow time for check-in and seating
- Each individual will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer
- Entrances and exits to the sanctuary will be well-marked and worship hosts will be available to guide you in and out as well as to seat you in designated pews.
- You may be seated with the people in your household, so please enter the sanctuary together.
- At this time, childcare will not be offered; families have an opportunity to worship together.
- If you wish to visit with your fellow worshipers, please do so in the parking lot wearing your mask and distancing
- Should an attendee be diagnosed with Covid-19 after attending worship, FUMC will notify all worshippers, staff, and volunteers who were present at that particular service and take appropriate steps to offer support.
Thank you in advance for your patience and your prayers as we begin this transition.
*Below is the recording of the livestream we had on Wednesday, November 11 answering questions from our congregation and announcing the re-opening.